Thursday 18 April 2019

Chocolate Brownies 巧克力布朗尼


I recently have a revelation. I found out that I have this fetish for chocolate brownies. I can't seem to stop thinking about it. So there I am, in my quest for my ideal chocolate brownies.

What is in a chocolate brownie that makes it so captivating? I call it a cross betweeen a cake and cookie. I has a denser texture than cake but a softer texture than a cookie. This makes the taste extremely intense but not too dry to the throat. And when paired with that favourite ice cream that seeps into whatever  nooks and crannies left by the brownie, oh yummy! Nirwana calls.











Making a chocolate brownie is actually quite easy. It is very forgiving as it is dense and often fudgy. Having said that, I do have my own preference in a chocolate brownie. I prefer my brownie to be fudgy with a paper-thin layer of crust on top. My Malay peers call this brownie kedut. Kedut means crinkle and is aptly names so due to the layer of crinkle on the top of brownie.

While many added a little leavening agent to their brownies, it is not required to do so for this recipe. The lift comes from creaming the eggs and sugar.

This recipe will provide you with a very fudgy chocolate brownie.


Chocolate Brownies 巧克力布朗尼

Makes 1 7"x7" square

Ingredients

A
150g semi-sweet dark cooking chocolate
125g butter

B
80g granulated sugar
100g brown sugar
2 large eggs (grade AA)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coffee extract (optional)

C
80g plain flour
25g cocoa powder


Cooking Instruction
1. Line baking tin with butter and parchment paper.




2. Melt together A on top of a pot of simmering water. Alternatively, microwave A together in microwave in 30 seconds interval until the ingredients are all melted and combined.




3. Whisk ingredient B until it turns thick and creamy. Add A to B and mix well.





4. Sift in ingredient C. Gently fold in dry the ingredients until well combined.





5. Pour batter into a 7" x 7" baking tin. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 35 minutes. The brownie should be ready when there is 6% crumbs sticking to the skewer when tested. If only batter appears, then the brownie should be baked longer. Remove from oven, cut and serve with your favourite topping.



Can't get enough of chocolate? Try my all-time favourite Chocolate Swiss Roll






1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your dropping by to The Informal Chef. If you like what you have read and would like to SHARE this with your friends, kindly click on those little buttons available on top. I am also available in the following social medias:

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/theinformalchef
PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/christineyong74/
BLOGGER: theinformalchef.blogspot.com

Add "like" in FACEBOOK, "follow" in PINTEREST, or add your email to my BLOGGER's e-mail or RSS feed to keep abreast with my latest postings.

Look forward to your comments. Cheers!