Tuesday 3 May 2016

Quick and Easy Apple Crumble Tart 苹果挞


Just yesterday, I was having a conversation with my old school mate. I was thrilled to know that she was following my blog ardently. Unfortunately, she did not try out any of the recipes. I asked her why and she told me the recipes were too complicated for her. On a hindsight, I might have overlooked readers who favours the simplest of methods. A lot of my recipes previously emphasized on authenticity. Therefore, for this week alone, I am going to introduce some shortcuts to make popular recipes quickly and easily.

This friend of mine adores apple crumble. This quick and easy apple crumble tart is a shortcut without having to make pie crusts. I hope that she will find this recipe useful. Either way, this is one worthy recipe as it uses a healthy, fatless ingredient to replace the rich pie crust. Leftover bread slices were used here. Not only did I managed to use up those extra stale slices that I kept frozen, I also used wholemeal for a healthier alternative. The result was a crunchy toasted crust that was absolutely wonderful to bite on.



This time I made only five tarts as my family members are away. You might want to double up the recipe. Alternatively, you could also use my Dutch Apple Pie filling recipe that I posted a while ago.

Quick and Easy Apple Crumble Tart 苹果挞

Makes 5 tarts

Ingredients

Crust
5 slices bread, flatten with rolling pin

Filling
250 g diced and peeled apple
2 tbsp sugar (or less depending on the tartness of your apple)
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp lemon juice (if apples are not tart enough)

Crumble
1/4 cup plain flour
2 tbsp castor sugar
2 tbsp butter

Cooking Instruction





1. Remove crust from bread and flatten with a rolling pin. Peel and dice apples. Grease tart moulds.





2. Add all ingredients in filling into a heated pan. Saute until the apples are about 30% cooked and the liquid dries up.





3.  Mix all ingredients for crumble until crumbly.






4.Line tart mould with flatten bread. Fill up with apples generously. Top with crumbles.

5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes or until the crumble turns golden. Remove and cool on wire rack.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dropping by to The Informal Chef. If you like what you have read and would like to SHARE this with your friends, kindly click on those little buttons available on top. I am also available in the following social medias:

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/theinformalchef
PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/christineyong74/
BLOGGER: theinformalchef.blogspot.com

Add "like" in FACEBOOK, "follow" in PINTEREST, or add your email to my BLOGGER's e-mail or RSS feed to keep abreast with my latest postings.

Look forward to your comments. Cheers!