Wednesday 20 April 2016

Canned Tuna Fish Cakes 罐头金枪鱼肉饼


Today I was looking for a quickie, a shortcut for my dinner dish. Suddenly, I had an aha moment to use canned tuna. I know the thought of canned food is not appealing at all. Therefore, least I could do was to repackage it and give those poor tuna a facelift. And this facelift took just minutes.




I am made crispy fried canned tuna fish cakes. Definitely not your everyday comfort food but it was really delightful. The tuna itself was already heavy in flavour and all you have to do is add in a little freshness, colour and texture. I really didn't do much. All I did was mix all the ingredients, coated it in breadcrumbs and fried it until crispy. The fish cakes were crispy on the outside but soft and tender on the inside. I also added a little tang to the patties to give more dimension to the taste. By the time I was finished with my tuna, it was no longer just another canned food. It was delightful looking. It was lip-smacking srcumptious. Everyone loved it. My mission was accomplished.

Canned Tuna Fish Cakes 罐头金枪鱼肉饼

Makes 7 fish cakes

Ingredients

1 can tuna, drained (approx 120 g)
60 g potato (abt 1/2 potato), cooked and mashed
1 small onion, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
1 tsp dried parsley
50 g greek yogurt
1 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
oil for frying

Cooking Instructions


1. Microwave potato in high for two minutes or until potato is soft (Alternatively, you could boil potato until soft). Remove skin and mash. Add all items into a mixing bowl except for egg, breadcrumbs and oil. Mix well.





2. Shape some tuna into a ball and then flatten to form patty. Repeat until finish.





3. Dip patties in egg and then coat generously with breadcrumbs.





4. Heat up oil in a flat-bottomed pan. When oil is hot enough, fry the patties in medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain well before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dropping by to The Informal Chef. If you like what you have read and would like to SHARE this with your friends, kindly click on those little buttons available on top. I am also available in the following social medias:

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/theinformalchef
PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/christineyong74/
BLOGGER: theinformalchef.blogspot.com

Add "like" in FACEBOOK, "follow" in PINTEREST, or add your email to my BLOGGER's e-mail or RSS feed to keep abreast with my latest postings.

Look forward to your comments. Cheers!