This is a simple straightforward dish. But the children love it. It is crunchy and crispy minus the greasy fats. I guess this is one healthier alternative that you don't have to impose on your children. The best thing is that I could just chuck it into the oven and go around doing other chores while waiting.
I did not intend to post this up initially as I believed every home cooks would have shrug their shoulders and say, " Yeah, we already know". How can you not know something so convenient right? So, do forgive me if I rant about this marvelous crust too much. Nevertheless, it is a good reminder. Enjoy!
Baked Cornflakes Chicken Tenders 玉米片烤鸡
350 g chicken breast, cut into strips
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 + 1/2 tsp salt
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
dried parsley (optional)
1 tbsp corn flour
1 cup plain flour
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp milk
3 1/2 cups of cornflakes, crushed (measure before crushing)
A dash of oil
1. Add chicken, sugar, salt (1 1/2 tsp), garlic, pepper and cornflour into mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside to marinade for one hour.
2. Preheat oven to 200C. Meanwhile, put cornflakes in a plastic bag and briefly run a rolling pin over to get smaller flakes. Do not grind the flakes to much. Add dried parsley to crushed cornflakes
3. Beat egg with milk and 1/2 tsp salt. Arrange flour, egg and crushed cornflakes in a row.
4. Cover baking sheet with aluminium foil and lightly oil sheet . Dredge chicken in flour, then egg before coating it with cornflakes. Then arrange on the baking sheet.
5. Bake at 200C for 15 to 20 minutes turning once to get even browning.
The chicken can also be fried directly in oil after coating.
Check out my Easy Breaded Prawn Recipe: