Monday 6 July 2015

No Bake Chocolate Corn Flakes Cookies Recipe 免烤巧克力玉米片曲奇



Making this recipe was inevitable. Cornflakes was selling at RM5.95 per jumbo box. That was like more than half the price cut. The cheapskate in me could not resist...and I bought quite a few boxes. Before you chide me for reckless spending, I have already planned to make these long ago. I am now conveniently posting this recipe as a Ramadhan special.



Corn flakes cookies in honey are vastly popular during this time of celebration, whereby cookies are offered, gifted and eaten in abundance. The recipe is so easy to make even self proclaimed idiots could do. I am not kidding. It is that easy. This time, I am making a different flavour than the normal golden syrupy corn flakes. I just happen to have a bar of milk chocolate nearing expiry and tons of almond flakes. I am going to make chocolate corn flakes cookies with these. This no-bake chocolate corn flakes cookies recipe is so versatile I effortlessly incorporated the two items. Yet, it tasted super delicious...crunchy to the bite, gooey on the outside, and full of chocolaty goodness. Sometimes, I just hate making these as I know majority of it would go into my tummy. I call this my love-hate relationship with these chocolate corn flakes cookies.

No Bake Chocolate Corn Flakes Cookies Recipe 免烤巧克力玉米片曲奇

Makes approx. 16 cookies

Ingredients

25 g margerine/butter
90 g milk chocolate/baking chocolate
1 1/2 tbsp honey
50 g cornflakes
25 g sliced almond, toasted (optional, could be replaced with 15 g cornflakes)

1. Put margerine/butter and milk chocolate on a double boiler and stir until melted. Alternatively, you could put on very slow direct heat. Make sure to stir constantly.


2. When mixture starts to heat up, add in honey. Quickly, mix and remove from fire.


3. Mix almond and cornflakes in mixing bowl. Pour chocolate mixture onto cornflakes and sliced almond. Mix until well combined. Spoon into individual little cups (best to have moulds as it is easier to shape). This has to be done while it is still warm and easily shaped. Set aside for it to cool and set. Once cooled, put into air tight container.


Note: 
1. If you like more crunch, you could also put cookies into a preheated oven at 170C for 5-8 mins before setting it aside to cool.
2. If you are using cooking chocolate, add another tablespoon of  honey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dropping by to The Informal Chef. If you like what you have read and would like to SHARE this with your friends, kindly click on those little buttons available on top. I am also available in the following social medias:

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/theinformalchef
PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/christineyong74/
BLOGGER: theinformalchef.blogspot.com

Add "like" in FACEBOOK, "follow" in PINTEREST, or add your email to my BLOGGER's e-mail or RSS feed to keep abreast with my latest postings.

Look forward to your comments. Cheers!