Thursday 18 December 2014

Not-the-best-ever but Delectable Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies



Who owns the best ever chocolate chips cookies recipe?

It seems that almost every chocolate chip cookies recipe that I searched has this "best-ever" tag on in. I am flabbergasted. Which one is actually THE best ever then? Most of the time I'm not convinced. I guess it does jazz up their blog a little. Before I get myself into hot soup, I have to reiterate that those recipes are not bad at all, just not best ever.






Now, I am going to introduce this chocolate chip cookie that I have been using for a quite while. I am not going to add the ever cliche "best ever" word but I believe my cookie recipe is presentable enough. It is not the ordinary chewy type. I like mine crunchy, just like the Brits like their biscuits.

The whole house smelled of this cookie when I baked this. It was not just the warm butter. It was the smell of almond, vanilla and coffee extract all combined. Sometimes, I really praise the Lord for giving me this much of self-restraint not to gobble up everything! It was hard. It almost felt sinful not to touch these crispy aromatic cookies. But I persevered. I am leaving these wonderful cookies to its intended recipient.

Crunchy Chocolate Chips Cookies

Ingredients

Wet Mix
125 g butter
100 g granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 drops coffee extract

Dry Mix
180 g flour
20 g corn flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ammonia bicarbonate
1/2 tsp salt
180 g chocolate chips
80 g chopped nuts of your choice (I used almonds)


Cooking Instruction

1. Cream butter and sugar until butter is pale. It is alright to leave some sugar granules as long as butter is well creamed. Add in egg, vanilla extract and coffee extract one item at a time. Mix well until combined.

2. Sift all the ingredients in the dry mix together. Add chocolate chips and chopped nuts that is left in the sieve into the sifted flour. Put the dry mix into the wet mix and combine well.

3. Scoop 1 tsp of cookie dough and roll into a ball (some like to just drop a scoop of cookie dough onto the baking sheet). Leave about 1 inch of space between the dough.

4. Preheat oven at 180C and bake for 14-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool thoroughly before storing.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your dropping by to The Informal Chef. If you like what you have read and would like to SHARE this with your friends, kindly click on those little buttons available on top. I am also available in the following social medias:

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/theinformalchef
PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/christineyong74/
BLOGGER: theinformalchef.blogspot.com

Add "like" in FACEBOOK, "follow" in PINTEREST, or add your email to my BLOGGER's e-mail or RSS feed to keep abreast with my latest postings.

Look forward to your comments. Cheers!