How about having your cake and eating it too? This cake is so delicious and moist, really worth your bite! Above all, it has at least two healthy ingredients to balance off the bad. You have to try it! You wouldn't be left disappointed.
As you can see, my lack of icing skills shows. The carrot looks miserable!
150 g carrots, grated (about 1 1/2 cup)
30 g raisins (raisins)
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
80 g brown sugar (approx 1/2 cup)
Cream Cheese Icing
250 g cream cheese
80 g icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
a few drops of lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a 4"x 9" loaf pan (or any desired pan). Peel and grate carrots. Sieve together all the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Add all wet ingredients together. Whisk until combined and sugar dissolves.
3. Add the wet mixture into dry ingredients. Gently stir batter until combined. Do not overmix. Add grated carrots and raisins (if any) and mix.
4. Pour mixture into pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until there is no residue sticking to the toothpick when poked. Remove and cool completely.
5. Whisk the icing ingredients together until fluffy. Slice cake horizontally into half and spread icing both in the middle and on top of the cake.